Thursday, July 26, 2012

When the Boyfriend’s away one must make roasted fennel with green apples.


My boyfriend hates the sound of raw apples; he claims that it gives him goose bumps. Unfortunately I love apples. This has been a big compromise in our relationship. He will eat them cooked but you can’t eat or slice them when he is around and since he’s not around right now I will be eating apples.
Tonight I made Roasted Fennel with green apples from the Vegetarian Planet Cookbook by Didi Emmons.
It is a simple recipe using only fennel, green apple, 6 shallots, olive oil, salt and pepper, and white cheddar cheese. 

All you do is slice the veggies and fruit, toss them and smother them in olive oil and salt and pepper.

As a side note I like to slice my veggies with a mandolin. It makes it go much quicker. 
The mandolin on the left is for slicing the mandolin on the right is for shredding

You then bake it for 15 minutes (at 400°) then sprinkle white cheddar cheese on it and bake it for another 5 minutes.

 After all of that you eat the sweet but savory goodness of fennel, apple, shallots, and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment