Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Toaster Oven Cookies

I realized that it's been over a year since I updated most of my blogs. Mostly because of a change in jobs. I had a part time job with summers off, but unfortunately that job ceased to exist so I was placed in a full time position no summers off.
   With this change I have had less time to do what I used to do and use my time more wisely. I don't own a microwave, I've never really liked them, except for the convenience, the food cooked from them seems to be not as flavorful to me plus they suck up a lot of energy, so enter in the toaster oven!
I bought a convection toaster oven and it has been a time saver. I selected this one mostly because of the Consumer Reports rating. I also have always liked this brand and we have been making a lot of pizza lately and this one came with a pizza stone.
    It has worked out great so far. I like the speed convection, so you don't have to wait for it to warm up, and it does cook in less time than the oven. Besides pizza I have roasted veggies, made a pot pie, french fries, but by far the most convenient thing about it is baking cookies.  I usually make the dough and keep it in the fridge and only bake 6 -12 cookies at a time. So it does save time, not so much on money because I keep making cookies.
wrapped up dough and powdered sugar

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment