I don’t really need to be eating gluten free but I bought
some rice flour for another recipe and had some left over so I decided to
attempt to make gluten free brownies.
This recipe is based off of the Stowe Brownie recipe from
Entertaining for a Veggie Planet by Didi Emmons. Who is one of my favorite cookbooks writers.
I selected this recipe because I have made them before with
regular flour with great success, it has few ingredients, and very little flour
in it.
| Vanilla extract, butter, sugar, 2 chocolate bars, rice flour, and eggs |
I followed the recipe to some extent. Melted the butter and
chocolate together, beat the eggs and sugar, and then stirred them together
with the vanilla and flour. I opted not to add the additional water as
suggested due to the rice flour absorption rate.
| Pre cooked brownie |
| After cooking for 20 minutes |
The brownie turned out a lot denser than usual, a real fudgy
consistency. The taste is still the same, super tasty.
| Super yummy ! |
Gluten free... glutton full!
ReplyDelete