Tuesday, June 1, 2010

GIngery tofu and veggies

I love ginger. It’s spiciness with a slight burn awakens my taste buds to a certain nirvana that I just can’t explain in words.
Sometimes I just use it as a spice, other times I steep lemon and honey with it for a tasty spicy drink. Anyway I can taste ginger is a good way.
The Asian Tofu Marinade and Baby Bok Choy recipes from Veganomicon by Isa Moskowitz and Terry Romero are both great recipes to go all out gingery !!
The first step is to press the tofu
 I usually buy extra firm tofu drain it and wrap it in a tea towel. I then press it with my favorite cook books for about an hour or two, flipping the tofu every once in a while. By pressing the tofu this take most of the moisture out allowing the tofu to be firmer and to soak up the marinade to the tofu's fullest potential. 
For the marinade I follow the recipe except to substitute the Asian chili sauce  with ...
I also omit the garlic, cause this stuff is really garlicy, and hot and spicy and... marinadie

I like to marinate it over night and broil it until it gets crispy and almost burnt. 
Usually I serve it with rice and Baby Bok Choy with ginger and shallots, this recipe also comes from Veganomicon. You stir fry the ingredients and then add the bok choy to steam.


  and here is the finished product, with rice
yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment